Casino Nova Scotia Annual Artist in Residence Program – $20,000 to support the winner’s career!
Once again Casino Nova Scotia is calling on emerging Nova Scotian musicians to compete for the annual Artist in Residence program! This program will provide the selected musician or group with $20,000 in funding to assist with developing their career through recording, marketing, and live performance opportunities. Music Nova Scotia is administering the program and will provide career path support.
Applications are now open, and close on July 26th at 5:00pm ADT.
Applicants must fill out an online application form, which can be found here.
Along with general contact information, web and social media links, applicants must have the following prepared before beginning the application; these elements are mandatory and must accompany your submission:
- Current biography.
- Current press photo.
- Statement on artists’ goals and career plan. You must provide an extensive plan outlining the coming year’s goals, plans, and career trajectory. Please use the career plan template provided here. Once you have completed the plan, attach the document to the application via the “attachments” tab at the bottom of the application form.
- Web link to a music streaming site where a maximum of 3 songs are available; these songs will be evaluated by the jury. Please only link 3 songs – do not provide a link to a player which features more than 3 songs (e.g. a full album).
- Lyric sheets for the 3 songs you will be submitting.
To review the Program’s rules and regulations, click here.
The applicant evaluation process will include:
- Review of online applications and demos
- Interview with selected applicants
- Live performance of the finalists on September 20, 2019
For the latest information concerning the Casino Nova Scotia’s Artist in Residence Program please visit:
Artist in Residence Contact:
Music Nova Scotia Contact:
Phone: 902-423-6271, ext. 114